In the Blue Roll Cart
EVERY OTHER WEEK (Same Day as Garbage) ALL MIXED RECYCLING (EXCEPT RED-BASKET ITEMS LISTED BELOW)
These materials must be Empty, Clean and Dry. They may be mixed together in the blue cart.
- Cardboard (Please flatten) – Grayboard (Please flatten)
- Magazines and Catalogues
- Clean Newspaper including Ads and Junk Mail
- Clean Mixed Paper (office paper, copier and printer paper, file folders, paper bags, phonebooks, paperback books and note paper)
- Clean Plastic Bottles and Jugs (Please discard caps and pumps, rinse and flatten)
- Tin and Aluminum Cans (Please rinse and flatten!)
In the Red Basket
EVERY OTHER WEEK (Same Day as Garbage) Special Recyclables in the RED BASKET GOES OUT WITH BLUE-CART FOR BI-WEEKLY COLLECTION
- Glass Bottles and Jars (no broken glass or light bulbs. Please remove lid and rinse, labels are O.K.)
- Used Motor Oil (2-gallon maximum, place in 1-gallon plastic jug with screw on lid.)
- Useable Latex Paint (2-gallon maximum, no leaking/rusted cans.)
- Dry Cell Batteries (Seal up into see-thru plastic zipper-lock style bag.)
- Antifreeze Place into see-thru plastic jug with tight fitting cap. Keep motor oil and antifreeze separate.
- Used Cooking Oil Place cooled used-cooking oil into same container and cap originally purchased, or place into CLEAN see-thru plastic jug with tight fitting cap. 2-gallons per week maximum. DO NOT MIX WITH OTHER RECYCLABLES.
In the Green or Brown Mixed Organics Cart
WEEKLY SERVICE (Same Day as Garbage) These materials must be un-bagged, and free from contamination
- Grass, leaves, weeds, twigs, brush, pine needles, Christmas trees, pumpkins, limbs (not over 4” diameter. Lid must completely close)
- Food waste including breads, grains, coffee grounds, tea leaves, dairy products, egg shells, bones, fruits, vegetables, meats, proteins, seafood & shells
- Paper, such as coffee filters, tea bags, food soiled napkins, paper towels and brown cardboard pizza boxes
Do not place your mini – kitchen compost bin at the curb for collection. Dump the contents directly into the mixed organics cart.
NOT ACCEPTABLE IN MIXED ORGANICS CART
- Sod, Rock or Gravel
- Stumps or Logs
- Animal-Carcasses/Waste or Litter
- Painted or Finished Wood
- Plastic Bags or Plastic of any kind
In the Grey Garbage Cart
WEEKLY SERVICE EVERY WEEK REGULAR, NON-HAZARDOUS, HOUSEHOLD WASTE
Please place lightweight items into sealed bags to prevent blowing (i.e. cold ashes, packing peanuts, etc.)
- Tissues and Hygiene Products
- Plastic Films and Wraps
- General, Non-Hazardous Waste
THESE MATERIALS REQUIRE SPECIAL HANDLING
- Hot Ashes (Which can damage the cart & truck) – Paints, Chemicals, Pesticides, etc.
- Fluorescent Tubes
- Fluids (which can leak onto street)
- Rock, Cement, Gravel or dirt
- State Regulated Medical Waste
- State Regulated Hazardous Waste
- Anything that prevents lids from closing
- Items that weigh more than 200 lbs.
WHEN PLACING CARTS/CONTAINERS AT THE CURB, PLEASE REMEMBER TO SPACE THEM ABOUT 4-FT APART FOR OUR AUTOMATED TRUCK’S METAL ARM
CALL US TODAY FOR “EXTRA” HAUL AWAYS 503 363-7923